Human-centered design, a product development methodology that puts people first, has the ability to increase successful outcomes for any association’s technology initiative. Our panel focuses on human-centered design’s four stages: user research, ideation, iteration and implementation. With real-life association experiences excelling or struggling with a technology project, this session provides actionable tactics and insights to help you and your organization adopt this approach.
- AMY BURKE, VP, Member Engagement, MCI USA
- EMILY HENDERSHOT, Community Strategist & Operations Consultant, Nova Strategies
- GORDON WITHERS, Director of Digital Services, Fionta
- HARRY ROTHMANN, Chief Technology Officer, Association of the United States Army
- MIKE MOSS, CAE, President, Society for College and University Planning
- RHEA STEELE, MS, CAE, Chief of Staff, School Nutrition Association
- SARAH SLADEK, Founder & CEO XYZ University
This session originally aired as part of SURGE Optimism in 2018.